Greek Gotham—Juxtaposing Art, and Civilizations
The Dio Horia Gallery on Mykonos hosted Greek Gotham, an exhibit of 16 New York artists who explored the parallels between Ancient Greece and New York City today—juxtaposing cultural centers of the ancient world and the 21st Century. The exhibit, held during the month of August, was curated by Maria Brito of New York, who wrote and designed a book, Greek Gotham, to accompany the show. Dio Horia Gallery was founded by art historian and curator Marina Vranopoulou.
Photos: Peter Koloff
- Trump fumes over reviews as plans collide with 100-day mark
- France urged to reject Le Pen in presidential vote run-off
- N. Korea: We're ready to sink carrier
- US responds to N. Korea threats
- Mattis in Afghanistan after rare victory
- Obama re-emerges in spotlight
- Arkansas execution: Family 'ready'
- WH: No health care vote or shutdown
- Millions under flood threat in US states
- Google co-founder's 'flying car' debuts