The Chamber – A Historical Perspective
Congratulations on the launching of the Hellenic-American Chamber of Commerce newsletter on line. I am the daughter of Dennis Georgiopoulos, who became General Manager of the Chamber in 1963. My father played a pivotal role in sharpening the mission of the Chamber and in facilitating trade relationships between the US and Greece. He was also responsible annually for overseeing and managing the US Booth at the Thessaloniki International Trade Fair that began in 1965. Before he died in 1980, my father was awarded a medal by the US Department of Commerce for his role in furthering the work of the Hellenic-American Chamber of Commerce through the ‘60s and ‘70’s. He would be deeply gratified in all the excellent ways the Chamber fulfills its mission.
Maria Georgiopoulos Mackavey
- Trump fumes over reviews as plans collide with 100-day mark
- France urged to reject Le Pen in presidential vote run-off
- N. Korea: We're ready to sink carrier
- US responds to N. Korea threats
- Mattis in Afghanistan after rare victory
- Obama re-emerges in spotlight
- Arkansas execution: Family 'ready'
- WH: No health care vote or shutdown
- Millions under flood threat in US states
- Google co-founder's 'flying car' debuts